If you think your AC system needs repair, the professionals at O’Brien Service Company will be happy to help you get it up and running again. However, some problems have a quick and easy solution. Here are a few troubleshooting tips – straight from the experts at Trane – for different problems your system may be experiencing.
The system isn’t cooling.
A number of elements could be causing this problem. Here are a few of the recommended solutions:
Air flow is reduced or constricted.
- A tripped circuit breaker could be to blame. Try resetting the breaker to see if that fixes the problem and the system starts to cool again.
- Thermostat/control is off or set incorrectly. Check to ensure your thermostat/control is in the On position and set to Cool. Reset to your desired temperature if necessary.
- The outdoor unit is off. If the indoor unit is running but only warm air is flowing out of the vents, check the temperature settings on your thermostat/control. If no changes have been made to the previous settings, contact O’Brien. In the meantime, try resetting the system by turning off the thermostat/control for one to three hours.
A variety of problems could be making your system experience reduced or constricted air flow. The list below includes a few of the possible causes and some of the recommended solutions.
- Dirty Filters: Check the filters in each of the system’s components. Clean or replace the filters as necessary. If the problem persists, contact us.
- Dirty Coil: Many systems freeze up as a result of a dirty coil. Look for signs of water below the unit and check to see if the exterior surface of the indoor coil enclosure is cold. If you see evidence of a dirty coil, contact O’Brien. In the meantime, turn off the thermostat to see if the system will defrost.
Many other problems could result in your system needing a repair. One could be that the system is running constantly. In this case the root of the problem could be that the set point on the thermostat/control is too extreme. Start by checking the set point on your thermostat, which may be very low in the summer months. Try resetting the thermostat to fix this problem. If the system continues to run constantly, then contact us.
Another common issue is an overflowing drain pan. If you notice this happening with your system, turn it off immediately and contact O’Brien.
These are just a few examples of issues that could necessitate a visit from an AC repair company. If you do not feel comfortable diagnosing the problem with your system, call us and we will get it solved. Trying to do too much on your own, without the proper training, tools or equipment, could endanger yourself and result in additional damages to your system.
Leave all major repairs to the professionals at O’Brien Service Company. We hope these tips help and are always happy to answer your questions. For more tips on AC repair and troubleshooting, visit www.Trane.com
Jimmy Williams has owned and operated O'Brien Service Company for over 30 years. O'Brien Service Company's highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle complex repairs, installations, and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance. O'Brien will work on both residential and commercial systems, and is a certified Trane Specialist. Call today to have your system serviced, or to have a free in-home estimate. You can contact us by calling (910) 799-6611, or visit our website at http://www.obrienservice.com.