Here at O’Brien Service Company, we are one of the few authorized Aeroseal dealers in the region. Aeroseal is one of the many ways that O’Brien can make your home more comfortable and energy efficient. The Aeroseal sealing process is the most effective, affordable and viable method of sealing the central heating, cooling and ventilation ductwork in residential homes and commercial buildings. Aeroseal can reduce duct leakage by up to 90 percent and save a typical homeowner up to $1,000 a year in energy costs! Having the Aeroseal process done to your duct system is almost a no brainer. Why not save tons of money and make your home comfier?
So what exactly does the Aeroseal process consist of? The first step is to replace all the room, ceiling or floor registers with foam plugs. Foam also is placed into your air conditioning system so that the sealing particles stay out of the equipment. Once everything is sealed, the exclusive Aeroseal duct sealing system injects adhesive particles into the air. The particles travel through the duct system and attach themselves on holes and cracks. Once the sealing is complete, results will be provided to the customer.
An example of the results is in the image above. Aeroseal sealing system results are guaranteed for 10 years in residential homes.
As mentioned before, having Aeroseal sealing put into your duct system can save help reduce your utility costs and improve your home. Here are some examples of why you need it:
- Nearly 50 percent of the average home’s and commercial building’s energy bills are spent on heating, air conditioning and ventilation. Duct leakage in residential homes costs consumers $25 billion each year and costs much more to the commercial building operators and owners.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home or building disappears into thin air because of leaky ductwork.
- Leaky ducts can create excess humidity levels, which can lead to costly home repairs. Excess humidity levels also can force your system to work harder and wear out sooner.
- Leaky ducts pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating or aggravating allergy problems.
- Leaky ducts contribute to safety issue in residential homes as related to the backdrafting of gas appliance fumes, auto exhaust and radon gas into your living space.
After reviewing this, you should realize how much having an Aeroseal sealing in your duct system can save you money, and improve your home’s air quality and comfort level. If you notice high energy bills, uncomfortably hot or cold rooms, excessive humidity, excessive dust or a musty odor, it’s time to call O’Brien Service Company to have us take a look at your duct system.
Jimmy Williams has owned and operated O'Brien Service Company for more than 30 years. Our highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle complex repairs, installations, and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance. O'Brien will work on both residential and commercial systems, and is a certified Trane Specialist. Call today to have your system serviced, or to have a free at home estimate. You can contact us by calling (910) 799-6611, or visit our website at www.obrienservice.com.